How are your 2021 New Year’s resolutions going? Did you make any?
They are not always easy to keep even with the best of intentions. An effective alternative to resolutions can be to select a ‘word’ or phrase for the year and then use that as a focus and guide to help filter and make decisions.
For instance the word ‘re-set’ could be a great one for 2021, reminding you to:
- add self care in your day to day routine
- care for our planet (perhaps by repurposing items, considering purchases in terms of their ethical providence)
- reconnect with nature (catch a sunrise, listen to the birdsong, spend time in the garden, head out for a nature walk, star gaze)
- do something kind for someone (surprise note, charity donation, thank someone, phone call…)
- make a note of 3 things you are grateful for (try doing this each night before you go to sleep)
- make time to talk to God (perhaps over your morning coffee/tea)
- re-evaluate your priorities (how do your actions, work, rest and play support your re-set?)
What ‘word’ would you choose and what does it mean to you? How will things improve for you and others when you achieve the result of your ‘word’? What will be different?
There are so many actions and opportunities your chosen ‘word’ can help to inspire, strengthen and transform areas of your life, helping you to take steps closer towards achieving your ambitions.
Keep safe and well.